Tips for New Presenters
If this is your first year being an Art Lit presenter, never fear… help is always available. If you’re concerned about the presentation, I suggest you do the following:
- Visit another classroom where a presentation is being made. You can always check with me since I will be doing multiple classrooms!
- Actually DO the projects with your kids beforehand so you know how they work.
- Check this website for tips on specific projects. I’m going to do the projects immediately and will post any insights I have into making your presentation and project go smoothly.
- It really helps to have an assistant. Trust me, I know this isn’t always possible, but if you know any parents who would be willing to lend an extra set of hands, enlist their help!
Things I Wish I Would Have Known Starting Out
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early to the classroom. Ask the teacher in advance if this is indeed okay. No doubt about it, there’s set up. You want to make sure the Power Point Presentation is all loaded and ready to go. Plus, you will need to organize and pass out your project supplies.
- Set the ground rules day one.